Saturday, April 7, 2012

Welcome to my Bll.. b.. journal.

This is an introductory post, though I suppose it's reasonable to guess that the first few people that find me here already know me, at least somewhat.

You know, I really don't like the word "blog". It has his mired feeling to it, like you are sinking into the muddy quagmire of my thoughts. The word is a bit like "bog" but the l makes it slippery (I'm a synaesthete, but we'll get into that later). Blog. It'd make a good name for a goblin.

So, who am I and what can you expect here? I'm Jennifer Miller, Jen, whatever you care to call me. I have an "explosive enthusiasm" for nature, and you can expect me to go on at length about it here. Nature, birds, my chickens, moss, gardening, trees, fish... you get the idea. There will be no politics, rants, "heavy issues", drama, or personal problems posted here. This is about you, me, and the things I stare at from day to day that bring me joy.

I do have one other (ugh) blog. It is my "Professional" face where I post my artwork and talk about it a bit. I've made this blog separate because honestly, I know that some folks don't want to (or simply won't) paw through pages of entries where I prattle on about plants and my lovely, lovely chickens... just to find a piece of art they want to look at.  On the flip side, I know that some of the followers of my art might like to know more about my daily life and what makes me tick, so to speak, and I can appreciate that (though it does make me feel very shy and small sometimes, oh gosh).

Here is some moss. It lives in my back yard. 

7 comments:

  1. Yaaaayyy!!

    And you're right when you said "Blog" would be a good name for a goblin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawr...>I am here too! Following!

    I'm much more active on my blogger account, so this makes me quite happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there should certainly be more blogs/journals/diaries from fellow nature geeks. :> It makes me happy to know that there are other people who think that chickens make a good writing topic.

    On another note, you've been one of my favorite artists since elementary school. And I'm now about to graduate college, so I've been on the internet for what feels like a long time, and that makes me feel old, gosh. But you've been pretty awesome over all that time, and were one of my earliest artistic inspirations, so I hope that you keep making art and being awesome for even longer than that. :)

    And on another nother note, I had a question but I hate using email, so I'll just ask you here: where do you get your labradorite? It's my favorite stone (that's mostly on your account, too) and I kinda just wanna collect a heap of them and...I dunno, sit in them or something. Make myself a treasure hoard. I like shiny rocks.
    If your rock source is all secret-y though, I totally understand. Someday (when I grow up and get a big girl job) I'm going to buy some of your pieces. That is one of my life goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you are making me feel like I've been on the internet for a long time! Since 1996... so, that's 16 years now. Yikes! That sure feels like a lot, especially since.
      Gosh, well.
      I still feel like a kid myself!

      Anyhow, I get most of my stones from a rock and gem show. There is only one (that I know of) that is semi-local to me and it's once a year. But, if you are in the US, there are lots of shows around the states every year. These are a great place to pick up stones... especially if you are looking for larger polished specimen types instead of cut gemstones. You can also find them on eBay sometimes, but that's a bit of a gamble since a lot of a stone's feel and color play can only be seen in person. Try this link: http://www.rockngem.com/showdates/

      Delete
    2. Ah! I also meant to link this one: http://www.the-vug.com/vug/vugshows.html

      Delete
  4. Oooohh thanks! I can definitely put that show date listing to good use. Might have to wait a bit until I have the income to support impulsive trips around the west coast in search of rocks, but it's something to look forward to. :>

    ReplyDelete